April 15th - aka Christmas morning......

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Tim,
Way to go! I go in next week you are right best time of the year. It is what we live for.
Boat Looks Great !

" Bean "

lookin' good! your hard work is obvious.

congratulations on getting her wet...Took mine to Bowers the other morning for Springtime maiden voyage. 48 degrees w/ wind blowing 10 to 15 from the N.E. No day for the Delaware Bay :cry: . So home we went. Hoping for a chance in the next week. Tog and Stripes are in. :D :D

Funny you should mention wind.
I scheduled with the boat hauler about 5 days in advance. The
long range forecast was supposed to be nice.
Woke up to NE 20-25 with higher gusts :shock:
Thankfully, it was at our back for the 8 mile ride to the slip.
Nice and cozy in the pilothouse.

Tim, the boat looks good.

Not often you see the Causeway boat ramp that quiet....

It's always a nice boat ride from the Bridge to the south end of the Island.

Do you run along the ICW or through the center cuts???

I often run down to the Shell in Beach Haven for fuel. Always a nice ride...

M5,

I run the ICW down, I wet slip at Holgate marina (used to be Penna's).
I only ever see skiffs take the quicker scoot across the bay but I'm not
at all familar with the short cuts and don't want to risk a new gear case :)
There are some spots that are only 1-3 feet so I'm told. The ICW is not a bad ride as you know, I'd say roughly 1/3+- maybe are no-wake zones.

Ever fish down the south side? The last 2 years have seen some tremendous flukin
right in front of my marina (from Mordecai Island to the #115 can). Usually starts mid-late July give or take a week and can go a few weeks as they pour out of the back bay. Best is first light until 11ish when boat traffic becomes insane. One day last year my dad and I had 8 keepers, one 8.5lb'r in about 3 hours time.

In the fall, the last two years, bass were in the same area for 2-3 weeks in November. Live spots were the ticket.

That is a nice ramp there at Causeway, very good shelter.

Tim: Congrats...she looks great. All the hard work paid off. Now go and enjoy. I see Jack's boat beat you in.

Hey Tim, looks great. Launched yesterday myself, in the gale. My little 2320 was the only boat in sight on the inlet and she was great in the wind and slop.

I'll be looking for you, Bean.

Best,
wayne

Well today 4-25 was x-day for me as well. They where calling for rain all day but, calm winds and fair weather made for my first time trying out my new boat a great day. ( even better than x-mas ). Got her tucked in her new home for the summer . I can't wait to get some fish on board next time out hopefully this weekend.
Is it friday yet???

DSCN2495.jpg

DSCN2503.jpg

DSCN2497.jpg

DSCN2506.jpg

Thank you,
It is a 2002 2520 xl 225 yamaha w/ 180 hrs . I bought it last fall and never put it the water till today. It has been alot of fun doing little projects and add ons but it is now time to start having some fun on it. . We are docking it in warwick ri @ brewer marina . I am sure I will have plenty of questions as I use her more seeing this is my first ocean boat of size. Now just need to find some fish so that the name truely fits.. hahah..

Back