Boat Cover for 2320 PH - Summer Storage

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEEP POCKETS

Reaction score
I have always covered my previous dual console boat for the last 13 years and really saw the benefits of keeping the boat covered to keep it clean and protected from sunlight.

Does anyone cover their 21 or 23 Pilot Houses during the non-winter months to keep them clean :?:

It may be overkill but thought I would check to see if anyone covers the full boat or from pilot house to stern while not in use.

Thanks for any input and comments are appreciated :)

John

No thats the beauty of these boats cant hurt em, no canvas or plastic glass that will be wrecked by the sun.
Covers during the warmer months hold in moisture, unless you are going weeks at a time not using the boat leave it uncovered and give her a good wash after every use.
Just my .02

If you are keeping the boat on the hard i can see covering it, however if the boat stays in a slip as does mine i couldnt imagine putting on and taking off a cover everytime i wanted to use the boat.

I use a 10X8 tarp to cover the rear deck,. Just the perfect size to cover the combing pads all the way to the rear seat rear gunnel.

miky2884":11wv002u said:
No thats the beauty of these boats cant hurt em, no canvas or plastic glass that will be wrecked by the sun.
Covers during the warmer months hold in moisture, unless you are going weeks at a time not using the boat leave it uncovered and give her a good wash after every use.
Just my .02

Mike - I should have added that the boat will be kept on the trailer in a boat yard when not in use. I was leaning towards no cover as it would be a hastle to cover/uncover on every trip but also thought it would keep the boat clean for the season.

I have the open back so there is some canvas/enclosure but no coaming pads to protect.

See Bass":2gldx6jz said:
I use a 10X8 tarp to cover the rear deck,. Just the perfect size to cover the combing pads all the way to the rear seat rear gunnel.

Good tip and nice and easy I bet too. Just bought the boat a few weeks ago, considering adding coaming pads, would be a nice upgrade..

DEEP POCKETS":397x95ga said:
grouperjim":397x95ga said:
Weighs about 20#.

Jim can you share where you purchased your cover? Thanks!!

Florida Boat Tops, St petersburg FL. $800

Unfortunately, Tim (the owner) needs the boat on site to custom make the top.

Sorry for the late reply, thats a real nice cover he made for you and makes sense he would need the boat to make the cover. I live in southeast PA so that unfortunately wont be an on tion.

I'm still in a dilemma, I finished waxing the boat yesterday and it was oxidized and had a slight white chalk look to it, I cant tell if its from being uncovered or wasn't waxed frequently enough.

I live relatively close to a couple custom cover makers, I can't decide if its overkill to want to cover when not in use ( boat will be used 1-2 times a month and stored on the trailer) or as long as I give it a good wax coating and wash after every use it will be fine.

Guess I'm used to having my old boat covered and kept it looking like new every year but a cover for 23 Pilot House would be a pain to take on and off every trip too.

Any other comments from you all but would be appreciated :)

John

After fishing, I wash and dry my boat. It takes less than 5 minutes to put the cover on..........less than 2 minutes with an approaching thunderstorm. :mrgreen:

For me, it's automatic to cover it. I like the boat to be just the way I left it when it is time to go out again.........clean.

My fishing buddy Larry has a 2520 stored uncovered on a lift behind his house. He has it professionally detailed on a fairly regular basis. While his boat looks decent for a 7 year old boat, mine which was purchased about the same time as his, still looks new as the day I bought it.

Some guys don't really care to keep up a boat the way I do, but I enjoy taking care of it and maintaining it to the fullest extent possible.

Jim - I am the same way, I took very good care of my old boat and after 13 years the fibergalss still looked like it was in new condition. I enjoy keeping my boat looking nice and wouldn't mind covering/uncovering every trip. Extra challenge with the Pilot House is it has radar and stern light on top of the pilot house so I will need to get a custome cover made for it.

I know the boat will be fine uncovered as most boats that are slipped uncovered, I'll look into a local custom cover maker to see what my options are. Thanks :D

Back