Changing fluids and filters on my 250 Yamaha

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mylo

Reaction score
What oil do you use? Owners manuel just says 4 stroke motor oil. Do you use Yamaha products or does it matter. What weight? Grease, Motor oil, lower unit oil. Oh ya, filters too. Fuel and oil.

Follow the manufactures suggestions.

The designation of FC-W on oil means it contains another anti corrosion package in the oil.

Yamalube® 4M 20W-40 FC-W® Outboard Engine Oil
Warm-Climate Formulation for Marine Four Stroke Engines.

Features:

Yamalube 4-M surpasses Yamaha factory requirements
Superior formulation for a higher level of bearing protection
Superior rust and corrosion resistance
Polymers that resist breaking down even under the severe high load, high speed conditions common to outboards, water vehicles and sport boats
More anti-wear additives than regular passenger car motor oils
And the highest amount of detergents and dispersants, needed to keep your marine engine clean inside.

------------------------

Suzuki Synthetic Blend Performance Marine 4-Cycle Oil

This synthetic blend formulation provides better starting in cold temperatures while providing added protection during high temperatures
Specially formulated to provide superior lubrications and protection for marine four cycle engines
Advanced anti-corrosion and anti-rust additives help protect the engine in harsh marine environments
Contains a unique anti-oxidant that assist detergents and dispersants in keeping the engine clean and preventing deposit build up
Meets or exceeds the requirments of API SG & NMMA FC-W

All Suzuki Performance Oils are custom blended in the United States to rigid factory specifications.

best thing to do is pop the cowl and find out which inline fuel filter you have. get the yamalube, yamaha oil filter, inline fuel filter, and water seperator. i run the merc synthetic gear lube. make sure you get the two o rings for the lower unit fill and drain screws. I use amsoil grease but lubrimatic is fine also. make sure to remove prop and smear a little on the prop shaft, then retorque prop. this is also a good time to give under the cowl a good dose of 656. i buy it in the gallon jug and use a spray bottle.

Sim yamaha is a good place on line to get the parts if you don't have a dealer near by.

good luck. They're really easy motors to service yourself.

this is also a good time to give under the cowl a good dose of 656. i buy it in the gallon jug and use a spray bottle.

Fluid Film is a Really good product for this.

31bmq1ty95L._SY450_.jpg

Back