Chip in gel coat under chine

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12Parker2320

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cleaning boat today after trip and noticed grease splatter under the chine in the area of my trailer tires. Looked on the other side of the boat in the same area and noticed the same thing but a smaller amount. While cleaning off the grease I noticed a decent chip in my gel coat. I have vault hubs and four disc surge brakes. My first thought was something came apart and impacted the underside of my boat. Brake lines look good and so do brakes. Can’t see anything wrong with my hubs and the trailer didn’t have any issues on the way home from the trip. Any ideas? Could it just be road debris damage for the chip in gel coat and the grease is unrelated? Anyone have vault hubs can chime in

Attachments

• IMG_4635.jpeg
    IMG_4635.jpeg
    978.3 KB · Views: 1
I should change it into that. I Changed out the grease seal and bearing in each hub. Waiting on Spectrum gel coat patch paste for chip. Cecil marine didn’t have any classic white Parker gel coat in stock and I am not sure they will get anymore

I have vault hubs, but nothing done to them yet. where did the grease splatter come from? vault hubs hubs have that pressurized oil fluid in them? I'm confused...

It’s a grease hybrid lubricant that turns to oil under heat and pressure. Vault bearings are a hybrid between regular grease bearings and oil bath. The advantages are supposed to be less maintenance and the ability to keep water out

Back