Degree of entry

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark T

Reaction score
I always read about the degree of deadrise in various hulls, Parkers included. Some manufactures give the degree of entry and even the deadrise mid hull but not Parker. I have a 21se and I'm curious if anyone knows the specs for this hull and the 23se hull as well. Newer models. How much better does the 23se ride compared with the 21se.

Not sure on the degree of entry but the 21se and 23se hulls are identical just one is 2' longer. I have had both hulls and the 23se does not need as much tab as the 21se when running but the ride is similar. The 2' extra in length smooths out the ride a lot. I didn't think there would be that much difference in 2' but there is. Your engine choice also will greatly affect performance.

Thinking about the new 225 hp offshore with digital controls.

Windknot,
Starling Marine is steering me towards the new 200 hp 4 cyl. Do you have any thoughts on this combination?

I have always been spooked by new designs. I would find out if anyone has got one yet. There is a thread somewhere on that engine. So how much is the 4cyl 200? I know the inline 4 150 has been a pretty good engine.

I'm heading down today to get pricing. I will let you know.

get the 225. it needs all of it. i've got a 2008 23se with a f225 spinning a 17 rev4. 43 mph on the pins. 30 mph cruise at about 3 mpg. i would not even consider less power and would really like more...

The 200 hp 4 cylinder is $1500 less than the 6 cylinder 200 hp. I believe that the 3.3 liter motors are being phased out. If thats the case the only the only higher power option will be the 4 liter offshore models.

bird":3jl1iymf said:
get the 225. it needs all of it. i've got a 2008 23se with a f225 spinning a 17 rev4. 43 mph on the pins. 30 mph cruise at about 3 mpg. i would not even consider less power and would really like more...

Those are some pretty good numbers. :)

Putting Max HP on a boat costs more money in the intrem......But .... Your not gonna run the "Stem Winding S*^t out of the motor. In fact it will purr and perform well. Then one day when you need that extra....[Seas do change] it's at your fingertips. The resale will be better too and I bet you will get better fuel mileage due to the fact that the RPM will be lower and the speed will be up compared to the lesser HP motor.

Just my $.02 of owning and running a bunch of boats.

Back