electrolysis on bracket

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just Spoke to stainless marine, they said not only strip bracket, but strip entire boat? No metal in the paint on any part of the boat? I was planning on striping the paint of the bracket and repainting the bracket, but the entire hull sounds like a serious project.

miky2884":2z735kla said:
Yea very extreme I dont see any reason for that
Ditto ... I bet that was their "lawyer" talking :lol: !

Ok getting about ready to start working on this, wondering what you all think about chemically or sanding off bottom paint that is over the original factory finish on the bracket (powder coat I think?), wiping it down clean, cleaning up any corosion spots, prime and touch up, and apply new aluminum friendly bottom paint? As opposed to completely stripping bracket to bare metal and repainting entire bracket with awl grip, then coating bottom? Seems like just removing the bottom paint should do the trick with way way less time and money, but wondering if anybody has an experience here. Thanks for all the help

Panga

I have a similar issue and was thinking the same thing, did you get any input on this one?

I use wet dry paper in the 220 range when prepping my bracket to make sure I don't go through the factory finish. A block and plenty of water cuts fairly quick and leaves a great surface for paint.

Back