Flush Mount Rod Holders in Full Transom

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEEP POCKETS

Reaction score
I have always had rod holders in stern of boat closer to the engine so I can fish 4 rods out the back of the boat while anchored up for stripers.

Has anyone flush mounted rod holders in between the hatches in their full transom?

I recognize the base of the rod holder would be in the fish/ storage box area but any thing else I should be considering in mounting one on either side?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions!!!

John

You can mount them any which way you desire. The sky is the limit, it just depends on how many holes you really want to drill in your boat. I'm not sure I would be comfortable fishing a rod from the center of the fish box lid. It is only starboard that is screwed together. Also, I believe this has been talked about here in some depth in the past. Try a search to find some pictures for ideas. I have a full length 0 degree mounted on mine. Works great for the bait table.

Attachments

• IMG_20130404_003004%20table.jpg
    IMG_20130404_003004%20table.jpg
    21.8 KB
While I don't have hatches on the 'poop deck' (nautical term, look it up ...) I did mount 5 rod holders acress the stern. But I used these plastic caps that go on the inside of the rod holders, with a small 1/4" tube attached, so you can drain them to the scupper recesses. Less than a buck each to boot!

61535.jpg

Source = http://www.jmsonline.net/att-14791.htm? ... Mgodvl4AAQ

Back