Forward Platform on 1801?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philster

Reaction score
I'm thinking of purchasing an 1801. I'm wondering if some folks who have or don't have the forward platform could share their experiences? Thanks!

Philster,

When I first looked at 18' CC, I couldn't understand why there wasn't a raised platform with cushions on the Parker 1801. Now I get it. I prefer the open space up front, especially for fishing. Realistically, any seating in a boat bow is a bone rattling ride unless you are on smooth water.

I also find the real life capacity of the boat is four adults when cruising and 2 - 3 when fishing, handled by existing seating. So, the open space is a plus in my view.

Dan

I have a 21 cc without forward seating, I like the open space for fishing as well.

Thanks guys! It's great to get advice from folks with first-hand experience.

Phil

I have an 1801 w/o the forward casting platform and find the boat to have more room without it. If you really want to get higher to cast, you are probably going to be in calm water on the flats... you can just stand on the bow above the anchor locker, you can see great from up there!

Back