Grouper Diggin in Tampa Bay

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOtherLine

Reaction score
Here's a few shots of Grouper Jim snaggin bottom, UH.... I mean reelin' in one of his many grouper hookups.

He outfished me 4 to 1. I was using 80lbs mono and barely getting any hits. He was using 40lbs fluoro and bagging them. I eventually switched to the fluoro :roll:

Attachments

• Grouper Diggin 11102007 002 (Small).jpg
    Grouper Diggin 11102007 002 (Small).jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 393
  • Grouper Diggin 11102007 003 (Small).jpg
    Grouper Diggin 11102007 003 (Small).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 393
  • Grouper Diggin 11102007 004 (Small).jpg
    Grouper Diggin 11102007 004 (Small).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 393
Gag grouper that is. That was the most fun I've had in a 4 hour fishing trip. We must boated 20+ gags.

Thanks Capn Scoops for putting us on the fish. You da man.

jim

Mac:

They were chewing in 40' north of the channel but south of JP. Can't give any more detail as this was Scoops number.

Very aggressive bite, only one short red grouper in the bunch.

jim

Went out Saturday. Caught 25 Grouper, 6 keepers (that I didn't keep) on small pins. 30ft. water, temp = 68 deg., 3/0 circles, 60 lbs fluoro leader.

Awesome. Wasn't yesterday a fantastic day on the water. The wx man really missed that prediction. Saw your boat was out so figured you were out slaying em.

jim

grouperjim":25d80v45 said:
Saw your boat was out so figured you were out slaying em. jim

Weather was perfect. I was expecting 2-4's and it was 1-2's.

Fish came off a spot I stumbled across, very close to the numbers you gave me. I will pm you the numbers when I get back on the boat and pull em off the chartplotter.

grouperjim":qnlidg5w said:
Saw your boat was out so figured you were out slaying em. jim

Weather was perfect. I was expecting 2-4's and it was 1-2's.

Fish came off a spot I stumbled across, very close to the numbers you gave me. I will pm you the numbers when I get back on the boat and pull em off the chartplotter.

Went out the the Middle Grounds Saturday. Seas were pretty steady @ 2', pretty consistent except for the occasional wild one that would catch you by surprise and knock your fillings out. Winds about 5-6. Couldn't believe how little fuel I burned. Boat performed perfectly. Ran about 25-30mph.

Boated about 200 lbs of fish, including grouper, aj, hog. Some on hook and line, some were shot. Offer still stands for any of you Tampa Bay boys. Would enjoy the company next time I go out.

Attachments

• 01112008 031 (Small).jpg
    01112008 031 (Small).jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 260
That's a great offer, and if/when my schedule permits I'd love to join you. Just say when and I'll do my best to get there.

All you tampa bay boys... I'm heading out one day this weekend. Weather should be nice. If you wanna go, drop me a pm. Gonna head out about 8 miles, see if the Grouper are still chewing.

heres some fish from wednesday were going fishin tues. maybe wed. if bouyweather is right you boys from tampa-st pete want-a go drop a email I d run down there your water gets a little deeper quicker we been going a total of 170-180 miles on our loop our first hole is in about 45 ft. water we go to about 55 foot and here and there tommy crowe

Back