I Smell Fuel

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may have to (ever so slightly) make the take assembly positive pressure. As in gently blowing air into to tank, NOT plugging with a fixture and pressurizing. This could make a trackable stream of vapor.

Hey CP Family,

Recently, I have been smelling fuel in my 2120, specifically directly behind the bench seat. I stuck my head back there and see two hoses. Looks like the fuel fill hose and the fuel vent hose (I think??). I have not fueled up in a month, so not sure what's going on. Could the fuel vent hose be clogged? Need some help......Thanks!
check to see if you have cracks in the hoses too

Any update?
Update. I changed out the hose clamps like Wort recommended. I can still smell fuel. I have one of the dock mechanics coming by next week to try and figure out. My last resort will be to take it to the dealer. I haven't done that because they charge 450.00 to haul it out of the water, but I'll do it if I have to. Stay tuned....

Dock mechanic came by and believes it's the charcoal canister under the gunwale near the fuel fill causing the smell. He claimed that sometimes when the tank is overfilled, fuel can end up in the charcoal canister. He also recommends that I replace the fuel vent hose and fuel sending unit gasket. Does that sound right? 150.00 just for the diagnosis...

The last couple of times I fueled up at the dock, fuel started to well up.

Dock mechanic came by and believes it's the charcoal canister under the gunwale near the fuel fill causing the smell. He claimed that sometimes when the tank is overfilled, fuel can end up in the charcoal canister. He also recommends that I replace the fuel vent hose and fuel sending unit gasket. Does that sound right? 150.00 just for the diagnosis...

The last couple of times I fueled up at the dock, fuel started to well up.
Fwiw
Hose and gasket looks gooof

check tank pickup fittings and ASV

Asking this question again....

I believe that I read in another thread that the charcoal canister is not "needed". Has anybody ever removed theirs and not replaced?

Asking this question again....

I believe that I read in another thread that the charcoal canister is not "needed". Has anybody ever removed theirs and not replaced?
Older Parkers do fine without charcoal canisters…

Back