I Smell Fuel

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey CP Family,

Recently, I have been smelling fuel in my 2120, specifically directly behind the bench seat. I stuck my head back there and see two hoses. Looks like the fuel fill hose and the fuel vent hose (I think??). I have not fueled up in a month, so not sure what's going on. Could the fuel vent hose be clogged? Need some help......Thanks!
I know everyone is telling you to check a bunch of stuff, I had the same issue on my 2520 and I replaced the Main Fuel line and vent hose to the tank, I used a Fuel gasket sealer with two Hose clamps. Problem fixed. After I removed the two hoses I found cracks where the hose had bends in it.

I know everyone is telling you to check a bunch of stuff, I had the same issue on my 2520 and I replaced the Main Fuel line and vent hose to the tank, I used a Fuel gasket sealer with two Hose clamps. Problem fixed. After I removed the two hoses I found cracks where the hose had bends in it.
How old is your 2520? Pretty new?

The boat being discussed is only 3 years old...should not have cracks in the hoses yet
Everyone who commented in this thread has offered a lot of good suggestions. However, it seems that everyone is also assuming the problem cannot be the hoses themselves because of the age of the boat.

But if you have checked everything else and the smell persists, there comes a point when you just have to replace the hoses. Not easy and quality hose is not cheap but that seems like the next step.

The 3/8" pick up hose in one of the pictures looks like absolute crud and not just the clamps. That should tell you something.

Everyone who commented in this thread has offered a lot of good suggestions. However, it seems that everyone is also assuming the problem cannot be the hoses themselves because of the age of the boat.

But if you have checked everything else and the smell persists, there comes a point when you just have to replace the hoses. Not easy and quality hose is not cheap but that seems like the next step.

The 3/8" pick up hose in one of the pictures looks like absolute crud and not just the clamps. That should tell you something.
I appreciate all of the comments on this thread! A lot of valuable information. Going to have the dock mechanic change out hoses and then see if that "fixes" the fuel smell.

Back