Issue with Engine

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrgotoff

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Parker SE with original Yamaha 2 stroke 150 HP TXRC that had 242 hours when I purchased it in April of this year. Worked wonderfully the first 6 or so times I fired it up (with subsequent shut-offs for floating and swimming). More recently, I fired up the engine (fired up as normal) and motored about an hour to fish--I turned the engine off to float and the engine wouldn't turn back on. I can hear the clicking of the starter? (I assume) and I can hear the choke engage. Usually, I have to wait about 30 minutes, and I can restart the start-up procedures (along with jiggling the shut-off key and giving it some choke (pushing the key down). I usually see a sizeable puff of white/slightly blue smoke after this, which I assume is burning off flooded fuel. Does anyone have any thoughts? What is weird is once I get it going again, I'll motor back to my mooring and shut it off. I will try to turn the key to "test" it and it will immediately fire back up. Maybe it has something to do with being turned off for 5 or so minutes? Yearly/Hourly maintenance has been completed with records from previous owners.

Also, trim tabs seem to not be working, but that is another story.

On a moring and no Key in it..... Right? Fiddling with key a bunch. I'd be looking at a new ign switch.

Back