Key West style t-top

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark T

Reaction score
I want to put a Key West style t-top on the Parker 23se I've ordered. I fly fish 80% of the time. I remember seeing one of these tops where the sides above the console/leaning post opened and closed like sun visors in a car. Does anyone have any pics of a t-top with this feature.

If it were me, I'd forget about a T-top. I had a 21 SE with a Bimini top and decided to replace it with a T-top. First time I went casting with it I wished I had stayed with the bimini. It was always in the way for casting or fly fishing. I found a bimini provided better shade and it's easy to just lay it down when fly fishing or casting.
Dave

I agree it could get in the way if it was a full size T-top. The bimini is also in the way if you need shade and still want to fish. I have fished on Joe Shutes 23 parker and that has a T-top with a cobia tower and standard cleats, all those obstructions and still not a real issue. I really debated this a lot but opted for a T-top. I do appreciate your feedback.

Hey Mark, I have a 23se w/hard top, and casting platform forward. I have no issues fly casting either left or right handed on this boat, although I always fly cast from the bow. There is an article in the April 2013 (current issue) of Sportfishing magazine titled "Top Spin". It profiles Key West T-Tops , mostly in canvas, and suggests the reason for the right angle cut is to accomadate longer rods stored on the sides of the console. They offered contacts, but a quick review didn't show much to me on those sites. Try to locate the article on sportfishingmag.com and search there, or PM me with your phone #, and I will read it to you. Good luck on your search......Papa

Papa,
Thanks for the heads up on that article. I'm just looking to gather some pictures for Hi-Speed Welding, they will be doing the work. Vertical rod storage is one reason I want this style of top and it also improves casting angles from the bow. I also appreciate that you would take the time to read the article.
Mark

Back