Locking knob for helm windshield strut

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a knob for a 2020 helm window strut? I saw one place where the knob alone was 54 dollars. Anyone know anywhere I might find that cheaper? It’s an odd thread M7 to be exact

Just a suggestion. Bite the bullet once and buy a knob. It stinks for sure. Put a drop of blue Loctite on each knob and tighten juuuust enough to eliminate slack and vibrations. Check out post 28 in the thread below. I haven't touched those knobs in 3 or 4 years. Takes seconds to put both windows up, securely.
Post in thread 'Inexpensive, DIY ideas' https://www.classicparker.com/threads/inexpensive-diy-ideas.22694/post-157810

Do you have the triangle knob? The hatch adjuster is basically this sea dog hatch adjuster product but they use a custom piece for the joint that attaches at the bottom to get an extra 90 degree turn. The knob should be the same though. I think Parker sources their stuff through Advantec marine but it looks like their parts page is down right now. Seems like it should be a $5 part but that's just not gonna happen unless you buy a standard nylock nut at home depot.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2751979508...EeR+UyAqMXIXCbmulEFF6OmA==|tkp:Bk9SR67RrIiYZA

Do you have the triangle knob? The hatch adjuster is basically this sea dog hatch adjuster product but they use a custom piece for the joint that attaches at the bottom to get an extra 90 degree turn. The knob should be the same though. I think Parker sources their stuff through Advantec marine but it looks like their parts page is down right now. Seems like it should be a $5 part but that's just not gonna happen unless you buy a standard nylock nut at home depot.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275197950857?epid=658386078&itmmeta=01J308B52JQNFCBF0YBBWSHW8D&hash=item4013137b89:g:-7wAAOSwNv5iJSFf&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAAwMs8ckO2vBGyVnHQcEhvcCz9z2w3Uz+57375MKB9LRTT/KoHW9YcqwBekeJkkPF6m9j6VKhyVdAt9uB7cEnExC2STvJzBw/tSGbg4J1nMqwZR3C8fng+UjtdxO3fUZwXrDpa6BVdSqYGxUZK9x6Sg0pbHI7++iB3a2/+M4OhAF5JhfjzpOv6+QZCRiih8dpbDlaaTzE0Z2NpR8xKJkXGN73GyDyX8BwlNHMYffRkX6EeR+UyAqMXIXCbmulEFF6OmA==|tkp:Bk9SR67RrIiYZA

For what is worth I have a 2006 pilot house. This comment does not offer any advice on where to purchase a knob but it may help once you find a replacement. When I purchased the boat the previous owner was using additional rods to help keep the front windows open while underway. This was not very convenient and truly a pain. When I tightened the knobs they felt tight but the windows would eventually slam shut without some type of additional props to keep them open hence the use of additional support.
A simple solution was to purchase thin nylon washer from the local hardware store and put them on each knob. Now there is a compression factor when tightening the knobs. 100% improvement. No need for additional support. I run full speed with windows open.
I am sure this may elicit comments about running with windows open and sooner or later I may regret this if an end bracket breaks but the washer ended the window slipping on the adjustment knobs. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Back