Madien Voyage with 2120 DVSC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smittles1179

Reaction score
Took my Parker 2120 out for the first time on Saturday morning with a couple buddies. All geared up, full tank of gas we made our way thru 1 to 3 ft chop from Pawtucket RI to Newport RI. Stopped in Newport took a couple photo's on the dock then headed out to sea. After a couple short seconds on the seas with swells that looked 6 to 12 ft, I turned her around and back in the bay we went. I swear I turned a little green out there. Not ready for the big show yet, but she made Newport with no problems and cut thru the small chop no problem. Really it cut thru, it was nice. As for the roll when drifting, you could feel it, it sways. I could see how if you look up at the pole your taking out of the rocket launcher you lose your balance in the sway and could easily fall over board. Must be careful of this as on Sunday I took her out on my own. I needed to prove to myself that I could do it all alone. Hook her up, tow her, put her in, enjoy the day, get her out and tow her home. I did it, it was hard work, tried to get her on without driving her but the wind was to great and I didn't want to get in the water, so I ended up driving her on the trailer. went on with no issues. It's a great boat. Feels very safe. Engine ran awesome, couldn't even here the Yamaha 150 run. Only when she was opened up could you hear her roar/hum. It was a great first weekend and I look forward to the season. I did see another parker 2120 coming out of Providence. I might start putting in over there also as it's closer to the bay. So I didn't find any stripers but I had my hands full learning the ship. tested one of the three downriggers, it worked good. So I'll add the Photo's we snapped with the Iphone -

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 348
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 348
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 348
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 348
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 348
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 348
Glad to hear you had a great first voyage. I bought a Autotether http://www.autotether.com/at/. It works great and I use it when I'm alone.

I love my 2120 but I would not go out in 6-12 foot seas. I was in 4+ on the bay a couple of weeks ago and that is max for me. It is nice to know it will handle more but I will save that for getting me back when the weather sneaks up on me.

Nice pictures.

Steve

That boat will take more than you can stand. I find mine very safe but do not push it
always can go out on a nicer day. Best of Luck!

" BEAN "

nice boat and good luck with it. I too will be cruising and fishing that area this year as we have a slip in warwick ri. where did you dock up in newport? we where out sat but no luck either but it is still early.
I will keep an eye out for your boat this year. here is mine radio over a call if you see us out there. good luck with the new boat.

DSCN2500.jpg

DSCN2503.jpg

I think we can officially declare you both as 'fishing machines'!
Enjoy!

Back