New member Caeliseo own a 2013 2530.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caeliseo

Reaction score
I own my Parker since April 2014. Bought it new. Never fully read the owner’s manual and only put 500 hours on the Yamaha 150’s. Never used shore power or electric in the cabin. I’m 65 years old and want to start using my boat a bit more. Hopefully not too late to the party. I appreciate any advice and tips from you all. Don’t know much about using what it offers.

I own my Parker since April 2014. Bought it new. Never fully read the owner’s manual and only put 500 hours on the Yamaha 150’s. Never used shore power or electric in the cabin. I’m 65 years old and want to start using my boat a bit more. Hopefully not too late to the party. I appreciate any advice and tips from you all. Don’t know much about using what it offers.
Welcome to Classic Parker! I hope 65 is not too old.... I'm in my early 70's and the only older-person boating-related thing I don't do as often is I don't go out at night as much as I used to; can't see as well.

Last edited:
Welcome! You’ve got one of the best boats Parker ever made… although I might be biased 😂
I really like it. The cabin keeps you dry and out of the weather. You own one. Maybe you can give me some direction on the switches when using shore power. I never used it. I bought a cord but worried about burning out wiring when plugging it in. After 10 years of owning, it I haven't use that nor the potty. Never plugged in a 110V appliance. Never used the power inverter.

Just being out on the water makes for a great day. If I catch some fish, better yet! If I don't catch any fish, I still enjoy being out there on the water (and there's no fish to clean at the end of the day). It's a great activity I've enjoyed since the 1950's, and something we can enjoy at any age. Maintaining the boat is getting harder as I'm getting older. This was the first year I paid a boat-maintenance company to wash/wax/detail our boat. Unfortunately, that turned into a disaster. (They did a poor job, and destroyed the radar decals, damaged the pin-stripping, damaged part of the boat and trailer, and didn't even do 1/3 of the boat).

Getting old is part of living and so are experiences like the one you had. Hopefully you let them know and they took care of it.

I really like it. The cabin keeps you dry and out of the weather. You own one. Maybe you can give me some direction on the switches when using shore power. I never used it. I bought a cord but worried about burning out wiring when plugging it in. After 10 years of owning, it I haven't use that nor the potty. Never plugged in a 110V appliance. Never used the power inverter.
What’s your question regarding the shore power? I may be able to help, although shore power is almost always an aftermarket installation and they differ significantly. If you describe the system or post some pictures of the different components, I may be able to shed some light on it for you.

Back