New/used 2501 owner!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bst24351

Reaction score
Just picked up a boat I’ve been drooling over for years, a parker 2501dv. I love the open center console style boats. I’m interested to see what props and what mounting hight your guys motors are I have twin f150s also I want to add rod holders, maybe on the transom? How about bait board ideas? Pictures of your favorite mods would be much appreciated!!

Just picked up a boat I’ve been drooling over for years, a parker 2501dv. I love the open center console style boats. I’m interested to see what props and what mounting hight your guys motors are I have twin f150s also I want to add rod holders, maybe on the transom? How about bait board ideas? Pictures of your favorite mods would be much appreciated!!
Congratulations on the new boat! Some pictures (always appreciated anyway) will go a long way towards helping you out with your transom rod holder question, as Parker has used several different designs over the years.

Congratulations!
Don't get THAT hung up on engine height yet. It may be good for a hundred RPMs and it keeps the props buried in the rough.
Run it and learn it, then make incremental changes. Give it a year. I didn't and wish I had.
One of the best changes I made was changing to 18" wide tab blades. It should have been the first.
I also think two of the most popular changes work against each other. The Rev-4s and permatrims, due to the way a stern-lifting prop actually "lifts."
Good read here, with a few good diagrams.

https://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/prop3.html

Aaaanyway, enjoy the boat man!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back