New Wiper Arm Installation

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lougio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased a new pair of wiper arms/blades from Cecil Marine and am trying to get the arm to slide on the tip of the motor post and tighten the allen nut but I can get the metal collar to slide on the post. The plastic cover that fits over the head of the wiper arm prevents me from tapping on it. Just about when I think I have it I can see that is wobbly and I don't want to lose a brand new arm. Any tips or tricks? Thanks!

The plastic cover should pry/pop off, exposing the metal socket to be tapped on. Don’t tap too hard; it’s made from pot metal and cracks easily. You might also try taking some emory cloth and polishing up the stainless motor shaft, it can get gunned up with salt deposits and make it hard to get the new arm onto the shaft.

The plastic cover should pry/pop off, exposing the metal socket to be tapped on. Don’t tap too hard; it’s made from pot metal and cracks easily. You might also try taking some emory cloth and polishing up the stainless motor shaft, it can get gunned up with salt deposits and make it hard to get the new arm onto the shaft.
Thanks for the reply. I have worked the wire brush and wheel on the shaft. I will try your suggestion and hopefully I line it up right.

I just received my 2 new blade assemblies and one new whole arm assembly and about to give it a shot myself. I’m expecting to struggle getting the old arm off but not the new one on. Good luck to you and pass on any tips.

Try this trick my buddy showed me.. bottom wrench loosens the nut which forces the top wrench to pull the arm off the shaft. I sprayed it with Kroil first and let it sit for a few hours

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2036.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2036.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 5
  • thumbnail_IMG_2035.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2035.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 2
  • thumbnail_IMG_2034.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2034.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I should have checked this first. The blades are no big deal but the arm is a different story as mine was the original 2006. Anyway, I had to drill multiple holes in the old arm and took a chisel and hammer to it. I did drill into my spline gear some but cleaned it up with a wire brush on the drill and the new arm went on and locked down with the set screw good enough to get it done. If I had put a little more care into the drilling it would have been a better. On to the next item.

Back