Newby

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruso

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am Russ, new here, just got 1994 Parker 2320. It’s a project boat, tree fell on it.IMG_0961.jpeg Fixing cabin now. Was trying to research if it’s ok install 2! Suzuki DF250? I fix outboards and my problem, that i don’t have anything smaller. But wanna have 2 engines for offshore fishing. Any thoughts?

Hi everyone! I am Russ, new here, just got 1994 Parker 2320. It’s a project boat, tree fell on it.View attachment 40899 Fixing cabin now. Was trying to research if it’s ok install 2! Suzuki DF250? I fix outboards and my problem, that i don’t have anything smaller. But wanna have 2 engines for offshore fishing. Any thoughts?
Hi everyone! I am Russ, new here, just got 1994 Parker 2320. It’s a project boat, tree fell on it.View attachment 40899 Fixing cabin now. Was trying to research if it’s ok install 2! Suzuki DF250? I fix outboards and my problem, that i don’t have anything smaller. But wanna have 2 engines for offshore fishing. Any thoughts?

Hey Russ, welcome to Classic Parker!... I know the 2520 is rated for 500 HP (it would accommodate your twin 250's) but I believe the 2320 is rated at 300? 350? There are some here on CP that say putting more than the rated HP is not an issue. I think the twin 250's on a 2320 is a stretch. And, twin 250's would be a lot of weight back there. Some who have too much weight in the stern end up with scuppers that bring water in, instead of letting water out. Are you planning on adding a bracket?

Hey Russ, welcome to Classic Parker!... I know the 2520 is rated for 500 HP (it would accommodate your twin 250's) but I believe the 2320 is rated at 300? 350? There are some here on CP that say putting more than the rated HP is not an issue. I think the twin 250's on a 2320 is a stretch. And, twin 250's would be a lot of weight back there. Some who have too much weight in the stern end up with scuppers that bring water in, instead of letting water out. Are you planning on adding a bracket?
Bracket is already installed. Next week will install outboards and let you know how it goes 🤭
I know that this boat is rated for 300hp, but how about those boats who install 4-5 engines 450-600 hp? Thank you for your time

Bracket is already installed. Next week will install outboards and let you know how it goes 🤭
I know that this boat is rated for 300hp, but how about those boats who install 4-5 engines 450-600 hp? Thank you for your time
I honestly wish you well and am looking forward to see the results. What bracket did you install? My hopes are that the scuppers remain above the water-line, especially with added weight aft (people; bait tank? coolers etc.) Likely, the boats with 4-5 engines are designed to be able to support the weight of the engines. And also designed for the torque and stresses the engines produce, especially in at-speed, tight turns.

Back