Regrets to inform you that CP Member 'cbigma' (Moderator) - has passed away ... RIP

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
It is with a heavy heart that on behalf of the family, I have been asked to inform you that John 'cbigma' Clay, one of the founding members of CP, who also served as a Moderator here for every year since, has passed away. In addition, i was lucky enough to call him a friend and had visited his house many times (I just had to see his super-duper DIY boat Winter tarp wrap in person for myself!) and then on his boat at the marina many times too.

Obituary = https://www.lyonsfuneral.com/obituaries/John-Clay-6/#!/TributeWall

John's love of family, boats, boating, fishing, and his great love of scuba diving was evident in any interactions with him. I cried when I heard the new today ... so please forgive if I penned some thoughts to him and his family and then share it with you here:

"John, far too early, and far too young my friend. We met like ships at sea, first just a passing, then a sharing mutual loves, and then venturing out to each other’s ports. Boats, especially boat projects - our favorite Parker topic! - fishing, family and scuba diving were always topics on the menu when we’d meet, talk or text. Our time spent together was always quality time.

And then like life, or like ships or even like the tides and currents do - we all have our own paths to continue our journeys on and ours had diverted some. I am so sorry for you and for your family that your path was cut too short; far, far too short my friend. It's not fair ...

You made a lasting impact on me, on all of us you touched and helped. I know that when at sea, or whenever I see a Parker boat, I will always think of you and remember you fondly. I will also be there for your family if and whenever they may ever need any assistance with your boat. Fair winds my friend, farewell my friend - to the next time me meet - farewell and rest in peace.“

So sad to see a founding member pass.
John was always supportive of all the members here and will be sorely missed.
Until we meet again.

It is with a heavy heart that on behalf of the family, I have been asked to inform you that John 'cbigma' Clay, one of the founding members of CP, who also served as a Moderator here for every year since, has passed away. In addition, i was lucky enough to call him a friend and had visited his house many times (I just had to see his super-duper DIY boat Winter tarp wrap in person for myself!) and then on his boat at the marina many times too.

Obituary = https://www.lyonsfuneral.com/obituaries/John-Clay-6/#!/TributeWall

John's love of family, boats, boating, fishing, and his great love of scuba diving was evident in any interactions with him. I cried when I heard the new today ... so please forgive if I penned some thoughts to him and his family and then share it with you here:

"John, far too early, and far too young my friend. We met like ships at sea, first just a passing, then a sharing mutual loves, and then venturing out to each other’s ports. Boats, especially boat projects - our favorite Parker topic! - fishing, family and scuba diving were always topics on the menu when we’d meet, talk or text. Our time spent together was always quality time.

And then like life, or like ships or even like the tides and currents do - we all have our own paths to continue our journeys on and ours had diverted some. I am so sorry for you and for your family that your path was cut too short; far, far too short my friend. It's not fair ...

You made a lasting impact on me, on all of us you touched and helped. I know that when at sea, or whenever I see a Parker boat, I will always think of you and remember you fondly. I will also be there for your family if and whenever they may ever need any assistance with your boat. Fair winds my friend, farewell my friend - to the next time me meet - farewell and rest in peace.“
Dale, Thank you for letting us know about about John (cbigma). He was a major asset to Classic Parker and will be greatly missed. A big thanks to John/cbigma, you Dale, Megabyte and the other founding members for Classic Parker. It has been a wealth of information providing an invaluable service to Parker boat owners.

A big thanks to John/cbigma, you Dale, Megabyte and the other founding members for Classic Parker.
'Parker', who just posted above, and 'Toms' were the others who helped out when I came up with the idea to resurrect the old "Pilot House Forums" when that went defunct, not to disparage other brands, but we Parker owners were always the most active and vocal.

Thanks gents!

'Parker', who just posted above, and 'Toms' were the others who helped out when I came up with the idea to resurrect the old "Pilot House Forums" when that went defunct, not to disparage other brands, but we Parker owners were always the most active and vocal.

Thanks gents!
Thank you once again Dale, and Parker and Toms, and also a big thanks to Warthog and Pelegic and all other early, long-time active members (2006?); they are always super helpful and are very active on the site.

Wow, very sorry to hear the news. He was a great asset to the community both in public on the forums and behind the scenes. He will be missed!

-- Tom

It is deeply saddening to hear of John 'cbigma' Clay's passing. As a founding member and dedicated Moderator of CP, his contributions were invaluable.

My heartfelt condolences go out to his family.

Rest in Peace, John.

Back