Repower

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firerider4

Reaction score
Hello all. Looking to repower my 2008 23se. She shows a max HP of 225. Im not concerned about legal issues insurance or anything else other than breaking my boat. The Suzuki DF225 and DF250 both weigh in at 606lbs, are built on the same block, and will have the same prop. Also I can get a better deal on the 250. Does anyone see a reason not to go with the 250? Other than the sticker rating being 225? Any input is appreciated. Definitely don't wanna damage the transom or make my boat unseaworthy. Thx.

Hello all. Looking to repower my 2008 23se. She shows a max HP of 225. Im not concerned about legal issues insurance or anything else other than breaking my boat. The Suzuki DF225 and DF250 both weigh in at 606lbs, are built on the same block, and will have the same prop. Also I can get a better deal on the 250. Does anyone see a reason not to go with the 250? Other than the sticker rating being 225? Any input is appreciated. Definitely don't wanna damage the transom or make my boat unseaworthy. Thx.

The DF300 also weighs the same 😹. Go big or go home.

Firerider - what are you running now? I also have a 23SE that I am considering repowering in the future. Came with a 175 and looking to go bigger, not for top end speed, but hoping for a better pop onto plane and less fuel consumption overall

Firerider - what are you running now? I also have a 23SE that I am considering repowering in the future. Came with a 175 and looking to go bigger, not for top end speed, but hoping for a better pop onto plane and less fuel consumption overall
She has a Yamaha 150. She comes onto a plane fairly well but I want a faster cruising speed.

Back