Ride difference between 23 and 25

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for first hand knowledge of anyone who owned a 2320 and 2520 is there a big enough difference in ride to jump up to a 25. I have a 2320 now. Thanks

Hey sharkbait, a lot has to with where you are riding and which models you are referring to. I know the 2320 only comes/came in a deep V, however the 2520 came in the DV and Mod V (although I think they stopped the Mod V).

I had a 2320 (loved the boat) but fishing in the Chesapeake Bay I would have done much better with the 2520 Mod V. My issue wasn't the cruising but the drifting trolling in the 2320 in the Chesapeake was not good when it go snotty. It rocked back in forth terrible. The 2520 is a foot wider which certainly helps but more importantly the Mod V was just more stable overall.

If you are talking about cruising I didn't notice a lot of difference between my 2320 and friends' 2520, maybe a little softer due to weight but not a crey difference. Now that i'm looking at potnetially getting a CC, I think I will lean more to the SE (mod v) for the area I fish.

Hey madgar was your friends 2520 a deep v . I didn’t know if the extra weight improved the ride. Love my 23 but after a long day on the water the next day is rough lol

Weight and length will always improve the ride. There are other trade offs with that. Such as... more weight.... needs more power.

You have asked a question that is subjective and kinda open ended. Such as.... A center console will ride better than a Pilothouse. WHY? because the position of the helm is farther forward in a Pilothouse... What area are you boating? Atlantic..... Gulf Large Bay ... Large lake.

I still would not have either without a enclosed transom / Bracket . A 2520 / 2530 is a BIG boat. Front of pulpit to backside of outboard is 31ft. Boats like a Century 29ftr would fit inside one.

My friends 2520 was a Mod V. I certainly imagine that a 2520 DV would ride better than a 2320 in the ocean, or gulf just due to size and beam alone however, the body of water you are in would also make a huge difference on whether an upgrade would be beneficial. Bottom line, it very rarely hurts to go up in boat size if you can swing it (as long as you talking apples to apples in boat type)

So what I’m trying to know if the ride is better because of the extra size and weight.

Not sure about a 25 but, I have a 23 CCDV and a 2801. The 5 foot length and 9.5 beam is like night and day.

Looking for first hand knowledge of anyone who owned a 2320 and 2520 is there a big enough difference in ride to jump up to a 25. I have a 2320 now. Thanks
I have a 23DVCC and fished a a friends 25 modified V many times. The 25 modified V did not take the rough sea as well.

I had a 2520 modified v, used it offshore in the gulf grouper fishing. 50-80 mile round trips are normal.
I currently have a 2320 deep v and it will ride circles around my old 2520.. But i miss the room and stability while fishing.
we charter fished/commercial in a deep v 2520, best of both worlds.

Hi Shark Bait,

My first Parker was a 2004, 2320 SLD deep V. It was a great boat for our conditions here in Southern California. Especially on snotty weather days around the Channel Islands. Unfortunately, that boat was damaged by a forest fire in 2008.

My current Parker is a 2008, 2520 XLD. The ride on this boat is night and day better than the 2320 SLD. The extra foot of beam and the added length makes a huge improvement. We have always had Permatrims on our outboards which definitely improves the ride.

Cheers, Kadman

Guys thanks for all the input. So I fish in the northeast. I was thinking about moving up to a 25 figuring the ride should be better,strictly dv. What I was trying to see if anyone else already did it and went from a 2320 to a 2520 dv and could tell me the comparison. I know a cc will ride better I had a 26 mako so I’m not going to compare a cc to a pilot house I know it’s different. Just wondering if I’m chasing something that’s not there. I go out anywhere up to 40 miles.

Shark Bait,
As I commented yesterday, I have gone from a 2320 Deep V Pilot House to a 2520 Deep V Pilot House. Night and Day difference in the ride with the 2520 XLD. It handles the rough conditions that you will encounter much better than a 2320. Good luck with your search/purchase. Cheers, Kadman

I have a 28 and a 21 cc/previously I had a 25 MV and a 23 DV the 25 MV performed well it did need a lot of power hence a lot of fuel especially when chartering with 6 or 8 people/ the 23 DV was a sweet ride performed well and all things considered economical/ the 28 cc is a great boat it holds 300 gals fuel twin 250 Hondas and serves me well commercial fishing and chartering
surprisingly the 21 is believe it or not one of my favs

Back