• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - 2008 2501 DVCC w/twin F150 Yamahas + Trailer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoNoFo

Reaction score
SOLD
2008 Parker 2501 DVCC - Deep Vee Center Console, 9' 6" beam, newer style console
Twin Yamaha F150 four strokes with 360 hrs
Closed transom, full bracket
Full digital Yamaha gauges (square) including fuel management gauge
Raymarine C120 12" color GPS chart plotter, radar, and DSM300 fishfinder, Airmar transducer
Includes Navionics Gold detailed chart card all USA & Bahamas
ICOM IC-M304 VHF radio, interfaced to GPS for distress calling w/DSC & MMSI
Yamaha electronics are interfaced to C120 for redundant engine info display on MFD
Jensen Marine MCD5070 AM/FM/CD stereo with front aux input
Separate 8' Shakespeare antennas for each radio
173 Gallon Fuel capacity single tank (have original tank paperwork from Parker showing capacity)
Lenco trim tabs with indicators & auto retract
T-top mounted Taco Grand Slam outriggers
Leaning post with removable backrest
Livewell under leaning post
Saltwater wash down
Bow and stern spreader lights + under rail courtesy lights
3 - sided canvas enclosure (factory option - 5 piece canvas)
Porta-potty in console (never used)
Danforth anchor & chain + 250' anchor line
Folding 4 step folding stainless dive ladder (never used, new in box http://www.garelick.com/Gull-Wing-Step- ... teel-Frame)
2009 EZ Loader aluminum tandem axle bunk trailer 9400 lbs GVWR
All in excellent condtion
All original books, manuals, paperwork etc included
Still in water
Clear titles in hand, ready to go
Located East End Long Island NY
$45,000
PM if interested
You can also access contact info through my craigslist ad:
http://longisland.craigslist.org/boa/5305093643.html

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    41.7 KB
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    69.6 KB
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    62 KB
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    61.8 KB
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    55.6 KB
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    60.7 KB
Wow! That shouldn't last long at that price. If I could get away with lack of forward seating with my wife, you'd have a call from me. GLWS!

Fully loaded? depends what you carry.
Here's what I know:
Hull 4500
motors 480 each dry so ~1000 wet
fuel tank full ~1100
trailer 1600
electronics, batteries, etc 200
Total comes to 8400
Trailer GVWR I believe is 9250, maybe more have to check tag, so you have ~850 for other gear, more if you trailer with less fuel.
I tow with a 1500 Silverado no problem with 9200 towing capacity though I don't go far. Ramp I use is about 2 miles from my house.
If you need to know exact weight there is a chance I can put it on the scale at the transfer station when I haul out for the season. Depends on how busy they are and the mood of the guys working.

I should mention weight isn't your only concern towing this boat. With a 9'6" beam, plus guide posts on the trailer, it's more than a little over width. Depending on where you trailer (technically everywhere) you will need oversize load permits. Plenty of people will tell you that you won't be bothered by the police. Then there are also those that will tell you horror stories of really large fines for skipping the permits - typically when trailering out of state and some states are worse than others.

If someone buys this and needs to have it hauled long distance, I have experience with a professional that can take care of it for a reasonable cost.

I contacted EZ Loader and they faxed me detailed info for this specific trailer based on the VIN.
Model TALB 23-27 7900
Unladen weight 1500 lbs
Capacity 7900 lbs
GVWR 9400 lbs
Bunk trailer
Tandem axle w/leaf springs
Manufacture date 05/27/2008 (so it's fake 2009)
Tires ST 225/75R15D capacity per tire 2540 @ 65 PSI
Tires are Goodyear in excellent condition
It has surge brakes

Correcting what I said in my previous post, based on this info, you have 1000 lbs +/- for gear if you trailer the boat with the fuel tank full.

Towing it away as is will be ~8000 lbs +/- with half tank fuel.

Regarding fuel I typically keep it over half full and religiously use Yamaha Ring Free with Ethanol treatment (the combo stuff) PLUS I also use Stabil Marine Ethanol formula (dark blue/green stuff) @ the in season rate of 1oz/gal. With this combo and replacing fuel filters with the correct Yamaha filters I've had ZERO fuel related issues.

Any more questions let me know,
Joe

100 hour twin engine maint kit from Sim Yamaha just delivered.
Got new spin on fuel filter/water separators too.
Water pumps were serviced at 200 hours using the complete water pump kits from Sim - everything was replaced even though it all looked good. I have all of the parts that came out then. The water pumps should be serviced again at 400 hours give or take. Factory service manual is also included in the sale along with any spare parts, plus tilt & drain oil change kit (http://www.westmarine.com/buy/ocean-acc ... --14374607), and 2-sided rectangular cup flushing muffs.

Attachments

• SimMaint.jpg
    SimMaint.jpg
    129.5 KB
It will be sold this week.
Had cash offer Monday - friend of buyer stopped on way to Montauk to look over everything and test drive. All good except found trailer brake lines rusted out. Buyer is out of state, made cash offer over the phone. Reasonable offer but not enough to jump on it.
Have another guy supposedly with cash coming to look today.
Have yet another guy also with cash coming tomorrow.
Most interested guy - works in the area - really wants the boat but he has another boat to sell. He's pretty bummed but as most of us know, unless you really have the $ it usually not good idea to own 2 boats.

Yea, I understand that. I have a 19' Jones Brothers Skiff also and finding time to run both is challenging. I am much like others in that I have a 23DVCC that I would need to sell. Nothing wrong with 23' but I would like another foot of beam. Good luck with the sell. Under other circumstances I would be all over it.

Great looking boat! I told a friend about it. I would love to buy it myself, but it would be a third boat!

Where did you get the canvas made? Do you like it? Your install looks very clean and with few new holes drilled.

Does the canvas attach with the anchor points added to the t-top legs and with snaps? I would be grateful for any close-up pictures?

That canvas is exactly what I want for my 23 DVCC and I have been having a hard time finding a canvas maker who knows what to do.

The one canvas maker I spoke with wants to install bottom rails screwed into the console on all three sides, something I would like to avoid.

I accepted an offer on the boat. Deal should close Monday or Tuesday.
From my understanding the canvas is from the factory - I'm not the original owner.
There are rails the canvas slides into on the top.
There are two "wing" pieces that aren't in the photos.
The whole setup has been trouble free and relatively easy on and off.
I'll get some photos of the install for your tomorrow.

Back