T-TOP for 2002 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tvpearce

Reaction score
Strongly considering t-top addition to my 2002 1801 CC.
Live in Charleston SC area. Interested in recommendations for how to equip. Thanks.

Broad Street

Every time I see any kind of top with 4 rod holders in the center, when they had plenty of room for 6 or 8, I just scratch my head and wonder why. When I had an arch modified to fit my Grady, the fabricator charged $20 each for good quality gold rod holders, including the welding. Best $160 I have ever spent on a boat, and now I wish I had added 3 to each support leg.
The 1801 is a small cockpit, so don't let tee top rod holders point back at an angle that interferes with casting. 15 degrees at the most.
You may not be doing curtains right away, but go ahead and have the builder put on the slide track for the top of a curtain set. If he doesn't do curtains, as well as tops, get a canvas person to advise you on placement.
If you add and electronics box, snake as much wiring as you can before the top is bolted to the boat/console. Figure out exactly how many wires you need, then double it. If you boat at night, you will want your all around white on the top, so that you are not blinded every time you look over your shoulder.

76d18d7952374176e4f2adcbb3f0df24.jpg
6cfdaf71886a90304cbf4aebc4aec1a1.jpg
00388d6a2720f756520e8ba3c01fcd6a.jpg
fff1751488d7ddcca1e7c11118949055.jpg

Here are some photos of mine. I’m 6’2”. I don’t think I could fit anything underneath mine without obscuring my view. I also suspect raising it would not look good aesthetically. I think it extends further back than some I’ve seen and I think it looks good. It was on the boat when I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PKS1801":2ypsijmx said:
If you boat at night, you will want your all around white on the top, so that you are not blinded every time you look over your shoulder.
I am not doing a top on mine... but god damn if this doesn't get me EVERY TIME I am out at night... when I remember to do it, I turn the lights off before looking behind me not to blind myself.

If you add and electronics box, snake as much wiring as you can before the top is bolted to the boat/console.

As someone that does a fair amount of rigging. There is No easier way to rig than with a dedicated rigging hose or pipe between the console and the E-Box.

Going thru the legs is done a LOT.....and It's never enough and always a PITA! You have a good chance to skin insulation on the wiring when pulling also.

If a T-Top is being built.....It's easy for the builber to add a 2in pipe......A flange of the side of the box -pipe gets a hard 90deg. bend- Goes down to the console with another hard 90deg bend and flange welded to it.....

On larger boats where it was croweded....I have used the White 2 in flex rigging hose. with 2 flanges.....In the corner to have the least sight blockage.....come right out the bottom of the E-box and right into the top of the console.

True, but you still need to think about maintaining a pathway in the tubing, if you are going to install things on the rear of the top, such as spreader lights, or an all-around on top.

Back