T-Top question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcyc

Reaction score
I have a 21 ccse and I'm thinking about getting a t top, can anyone recommend wether i should go soft or hard. Or any brand recommendations.

I have a soft top and like it.Only drawback I see is when mine needed replacing I had to run my antenea wires all over again.Even with Sunbrella they take a beating from the sun and will have to be replaced someday.

You might want to call the Parker factory and get the phone number for the shop that makes their t-tops.
I don't recall the company name, but I believe it is close to the factory. They could make one for you that would fit exactly.

Take a look at the Parker web site to get an idea of what the tops look like, and have your HIN handy before you call.
Good luck!

I would highly recommend the hard top. Otherwise with the soft top, you will need to replace it, and it will start to look crappy much sooner than you think. Whatever more a hard top costs, you will save in the long run by not needing to replace the soft top. It will keep you drier, is more sturdier to mount things on, and looks better.

I had a non-factory soft top on my 21, and now I have the factory hard top on my 23. I am very happy with the factory hard top. You can probably order it directly from parker and put in on yourself, or the local dealer could handle it. The lectronics box is a nice feature of the hard top also.

I used a fabric called Weblon Regatta,its a polyester covered on both sides with vinyl,they have same color as Parker Gelcoat,also can be had with top in one color and bottom in another color,I have seen them Parker gel color on top and bottom in light blue and looks very sharp,will last longer than Sunbrella.

Product is made by a company called Herculite under their Regatta brand.

Robert

Go with the hard top, definately! 5x7 is an appropriate size. Go to parkermarine.com site and click on owner photos. My boat is #26 (me driving and a couple crab pots in back) adn you can see the top really well. I get alot of compliments on it...and personally think it looks great!

If in VA, I used Charlie at Marine Fabricators in Topping, VA and would do so again.

Scott

One thing to consider is weight. Hard tops put a lot of it exactly where you might not want it. I have the soft top with an electronic box. No doubt, the hard top is a cleaner look. I have spent a lot of effort trying to put as much weight as low and centered as I can.

I have a factory t-top on my 23se, and I prefer it more than the soft tops I had on other boats, however, There was a 23se for sale recently in Brielle, and the owner had an after market hard t-top installed nearby us. This top was considerably wider than mine. It was quite nice. The pro's and cons being more shade, vs. larger wind face, if that is a problem for you. With Rupp riggers installed he told me it was about 4K. I'll search to find his photos, and will forward them if you like. Papa

Back