1993 17' Parker CC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDaughton

Reaction score
20170613_190907.jpg

1993 17' CC
1993 70hp hrs unknown
30 gal fuel capacity

Attachments

• 20170613_190925.jpg
    20170613_190925.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 2
I've actually had this boat for about 6 years. It's been an amazing boat, it handles the chesapeake bay very well.

I've actually had this boat for about 6 years. It's been an amazing boat, it handles the chesapeake bay very well.
The 1700s are an absolute beast of a 17’ boat. With the exception of the old Privateers, not sure any other manufacturer holds a candle in that size range. Certainly no new boat manufacturer.

I take my 17 out twenty five miles out all the time. She’s a little tank and very easy to trailer. Add some trim tabs and you can get her to really perform as she was designed.I always suspected a two stroke 70 would be a good engine for her.

I take my 17 out twenty five miles out all the time. She’s a little tank and very easy to trailer. Add some trim tabs and you can get her to really perform as she was designed.I always suspected a two stroke 70 would be a good engine for her.
Tough boats with a lot of glass and a good sized beam. Feel a lot bigger than most in the 18-20 range too! Lots of little adjustments to make them run “better” but the compromise is always stability at rest for a rougher ride underway which is always within reason.

I’ll tell you, I have had my 1801 about 7 years now and it’s never let me down. I have grown confident and comfortable to bring it to where most wouldn’t. Utilitarian is the best way imo if your a pure bred fisherman that wants solid and easy to operate and never worry about getting home safe.

I have moments of desire to buy a bigger boat and upgrade but I start to strip back the layers of rationale and I’m left with my 18ft Parker every time. Is it for everyone? No, probably not a boat for everyone, can it do 40 knots in 2 foot chop, no. Lacks storage and can be wet, however it’s built like an army tank and only other boat I can compare it to is a privateer in terms of build quality and heft.

Attachments

• IMG_1358.jpeg
    IMG_1358.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
How are you liking the 21? I have thoughts on upgrading to the same. With a wife and 2 kids on the 18 it’s getting a little small.
21’ is great for my needs. The DV feels like a much larger boat and rides way better than the 18’ or any SE model. Not bad to trailer either. I had an 18’ 5 years ago and this boat feels much larger.

How are you liking the 21? I have thoughts on upgrading to the same. With a wife and 2 kids on the 18 it’s getting a little small.
The 21' is a great boat, tons of room, rides great, doesn't have tons of storage but most Parkers don't. I was on the fence between the DV or the SE and after riding on both the DV won hands down. It's a great sandbar boat and fishing boat. It trailers very well too.

The 21' is a great boat, tons of room, rides great, doesn't have tons of storage but most Parkers don't. I was on the fence between the DV or the SE and after riding on both the DV won hands down. It's a great sandbar boat and fishing boat. It trailers very well too.
Thanks. Thinking about an upgrade in another year or two. Debating on going right to the 23 or maybe a 21dv.

Back