2300 se engine recommendations

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yz2009

Reaction score
I was looking into the 2300 se and i was wondering if there are any owners out there who have some input. Hows it preform with the 150 or the 250 and which would you recommend? Also how high are the scuppers above the water with a 250 hanging off the back.

Thanks

I have 100 hours on mine. Bought it new last year. So far I very much like it. I have had various boats and so far am happy. I have a F225 hung on it and pleased with its performance. Fuel economy is great as I am getting better than 3 MPG at cruise with gear, 2-3 people and the 30 gal. live-well full.

I have a 2007 with a Yamaha 150 4 stroke and am very pleased. I have never felt I needed more power. I use it in the Chesapeake and inshore Atlantic ocean. I believe Richie Gains, a guide on the Chesapeake, used this combination and recommended it highly.

im curious what the cruise and WOT speed are with the F150 vs the F225

also what kind of fuel burn are you getting at cruise with the F150?

cruise @ 3600-3800rpms. Top speed @ 38mph. I'm reluctant to give you a gph since I can't remember precisely.

On yamaha performance bullitins they have bullitins for 21se's but I didn't see any for the 23se

i got a 23 se with a hardtop and the 225 can get the boat, without much fuel or gear up to about 43 knots

i get about 2.7-3.1 mpg cruising

I have 23SE with hardtop and F-200. I max out about 32 knots (38 mph).

I get about 2.8 at cruise of around 24 knots or so.

fphillips":ctjrlrd6 said:
I have a 2007 with a Yamaha 150 4 stroke and am very pleased. I have never felt I needed more power. I use it in the Chesapeake and inshore Atlantic ocean. I believe Richie Gains, a guide on the Chesapeake, used this combination and recommended it highly.

That is a little surprising but I guess the F150 does okay on the heavier, deeper-vee 2120. It should be fine on a 23SE.

Parker has the 150 listed as one of its power options. Why don't you contact them and ask them why. Perhaps they can answer some of your questions. I doubt if they would list it if they did not think it was an appropriate option.

Back