Help Building a "False Wall" Please!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 OOh!

Reaction score
Can any of you guys out there who have fabricated false walls in your pilot houses please tell me how and where you fastened them in? I've seen your pictures but need specific "Fastening In" information. As usual, all responses are appreciated and more photos appreciated even more.

where is this false wall going? I did a false wall in the space under the gunnels. Theres a piece that hangs down the creates the channel for the wires and i screwed into that and put a strip attached to the floor and then screwed into that. If you did it up higher like under the windows just put a strip into the underside of the step under the window and put a spacer down below into that same channel part i was talking about and you will be fine.

5OOh!,

I found the best way to fasten the false wall was with screws along the bottom of the wall right through the existing wall. I cut the new false walls to terminate right along the bottom of the existing wall, so I could use the bottom edge to secure the false wall. See the photo below, the arrows show the direction and approx. location of screws.
portunder2.jpg

Several screws fastened solidly along the bottom will hold the wall in place. All you need to do on the top edge is just keep the top from bouncing and falling foward. I used a "post" made of a screw and tubing to keep pressure back tight against the top. (See arrow in photo below) On the other side of the top I just sewed the two fabrics together with a curved mattress needle and some stout thread.

portknob1.jpg

I'm all buttoned up for the winter now, so additional photos are not available, but I think you can get the idea.

Here's a link to the original post back in '06. Pilothouse Interior Wall Treatment

Biggest challenge I had was finding a close match on fabric.
They are still holding up well, after four seasons.

Good luck.

John

5OOh!,

Use your imagination, come up with some better ways to fasten the top, and keep us all posted with photos of your progress! :lol:

The obvious advantage of putting up a false wall (for those of you who are wondering what the concept is all about) is that once it's up, you then have the freedom to use any type of wall fastener to hang anything up, and not have to worry about sealing, or penetrating the core, or an outside wall.

Back