New member lower Chesapeake

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuggly

Reaction score
Greetings all, and thanks for allolwing me to join. I currently have a 16' skiff, a 21' Mako (clone) c/c and a Tiara 3100 open. The smaller boats are single outboards and the Tiara is twin C7.1 Cats. We recently bought and renovated a little house off the Piankatank River, near Deltaville VA that only has about 1' of water at low tide reliably. I really want to sell the Tiara and probably the center console and get a Parker or reasonable facimilie. The creek is fairly narrow and if I need to tow I would like to keep it to where I could pull with a 1/2 ton Suburban with a 5.3 (if I recalll correctly around 8500#). Proposed use would be fishing and just riding around the fairly shallow Piankatank and, on nice days, head on out 15 or 20 miles up or down the bay. Not looking to head to the canyon like 20 years ago and the shallow draft to the house make me lean initially toward the 23' but the 2120 may be all I would ever need. Our future son in law is 6'7' and I have heard some say the pilot ceiling is too low for anyone over 6'1". Is there more headroom on the cuddy with a factory top? I would like to keep this in the 30K or less range. I don't mind something needing a little work. Sorry for the ramble, I would appreciate any input you could offer. Thanks, Stuart

Back