I have a Parker now....Can I play with you guys?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warthog5

Reaction score
Today I got to see my Parker 2530 for the first time.

The New Mac Daddy

The Parker 2530 that my partner Ed & I got arrived today. Yep the 1st day with a new boat is one of the best. Antisapation, fearing the unknown and Ecstatic with the outcome that it is everything that it was said to be. Remember we never tested it or saw it in person ourselves. But I was attamidit. that THIS is the boat I’ve been wanting for a long time....Since 1999 when I bought my Mako and proceeded ti create a pilothouse Mako.

The one fear was..... Will my 2WD F-150 351 w/ 3:08 gears pull it out of the water? The trailer is 1500lbs and the boat is 7700lbs. The truck is rated at a Max of 6000lbs. Well she was Ford test tuff and rolled right up the ramp and never spun a wheel.

Now believe me....You know this baby is back there going down the road.

100_3922_zpsf96941e3.jpg

100_3926_zps3d933d1e.jpg

The gal who delivered it from Maine. She was really Sweet.

100_3930_zpsf20c033d.jpg

First float in Pensacola at "The Swamp House" There was a dang Bass tournament going on and we got right in the middle of it. 2 other ramps had construction going on. It worked out well.

100_3936_zps32a5d6c2.jpg

100_3937_zps3c2153c4.jpg

My son Brad and I. :)

100_3938_zpsd14a2e1b.jpg

And finally safe at home. :)

100_3939_zps1250fa8c.jpg

Congrats and welcome to the club! Looks like a solid boat, The 2530 is by far my favorite, your going to love it. Would you mind shooting some pictures of the inside for us?

This post was edited due to Hull ID # displayed. I couldn't change the the pix's on the link that was here.

I wouldn't worry about ramps. I'm over 11,000 lbs and my V10 has never spun a tire. It could have to do with all that tongue weight on the drive axle?
IMAG1760.jpg

Cool, glad to see another 2530 on here!!

I thought you might be looking at that one when you were asking all the questions.

Whats the plan? Sell the X shark? tower or twins for the 2530??

Be sure to post pics of the upgrades, I know they will be top notch!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I would like to see some detailed pics of how they mounted that companion seat on top of the box.

2 tanks. I think it is a total of 150gal, but I really don't know.

--------------------------------------------------------

OK....Just checked. twin 74gal tanks.

Going to sell the Mako.

It has a single VX 250 carbed 2 stroke on it now. Plans later are for a DF-300A Suzzy.

It came with a Garmin 4212 Chartplotter. The rest of the electronics went in the trash. JUNK!

I would like to see some detailed pics of how they mounted that companion seat on top of the box.

Which side Bryan?

I can't wait to see the transformation you updates that you perform. Please share all of the projects. She looks like a beautiful rig. Enjoy the new boat!

I've been playing with it all day. Was told batteries were new and just needed to be charged. NOT! They are junk and will not pass the load test.

I think I'm fixing to do the first cutting on this boat.

The cockpit hatch is to small and makes servicing the batteries a pain.

Someone on Classic Mako nicknamed this style hatch many years ago when I installed one in my Mako.

They said " Bobby, NASA called and they want their hatch back." HeHe :)

http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse. ... 4,224.html

I was asked how the seat box's are fastened? There are cleats made of 1in X 1 1/2in Pressure treated yellow pine screwed to the deck and the box's are screwed to those cleats.

100_3980_zps10b8ad8d.jpg

100_3977_zpsf409dd7f.jpg

My son Brad. We had everything all lite up at night, but the flash takes away from it.

100_3974_zps15426539.jpg

4212 Garmin came with the boat. The way it's mounted will be changed. :)

100_3966_zpsd6698438.jpg

100_3968_zps39284ee3.jpg

Which side Bryan?[/quote]

The port side seat mounted on top of the box, doesn't look factory and looks like it is removable so you can convert the dinette to a bed still.

Been toying with doing the same on mine.

Congratulations Bobby :!:

I love the design of the 2530, and it's the only other model in the lineup that I'd trade my 2520 for.
Can't wait to see your project posts as I know you will be upgrading things and making her yours. 8)

----------------------

Edit: Just looked at the surveyors photos.
I'm interested because my boat is a late 1996 model with a `97 MY injected OX66 (still running strong).

Two things I noticed... It looks like the fuel tank vents were upgraded to the newer ss ones (I did that mod too).
Also, I doubt the front nav lights are factory. They wouldn't have been mounted on the pulpit like that, but I'm pretty sure you already knew that. :)

On one hand, I'm really looking to your getting into this boat.
On the other, I'll be looking at mine and saying... "Dang! I need to make that modification too!". :D

I have been resisting doing that upgrade due to the aluminum screws.
Been relying on my fuel computer instead. :)

Did not realize there were two identical threads going on.
I always use the "View new posts" feature, and just comment to which ever item pops up each day.
Hopefully this will get us back on track. :wink:

Congrats on the 2530 acquisition. First MV 2530 I have seen. A single 250 will move her out smartly.

I look forward to watching you bring all the systems up to your high standards.

Back