My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warthog5":2fj22iaq said:
3/4in Marine ply all stacked and glued. Any guess's as to what it will be? :)

Whatever it is, looks like it's about as stout as an Abrams tank. :shock:

Windlass base it is...

Hey Dad!!! If you would work on our projects instead of spending all this time posting we would be fishing this weekend..... hahahahahahahahahahahahah !!!!! :D

whitetail200":pq6awd49 said:
Windlass base it is...

Hey Dad!!! If you would work on our projects instead of spending all this time posting we would be fishing this weekend..... hahahahahahahahahahahahah !!!!! :D

Patience grasshopper... Quality work takes time. :lol:

OK..While stuff is drying onto another project.

I've pulled a bunch of Bow Eyes and checked them. Typically they are a little loose and leaking. Problem is there is wood in that Stem that it goes thru. You don't want that wood rotting out. It would be a SUPER major job to replace the Stem. In fact......I wouldn't want to do one.

So a little time pulling it down, inspect and rebed it in some 5200 or 4200. This one had silicone around it. :(

So. On to pulling the Bow Eye, clean up the hole with a large drill bit run thru the holes. I also fashioned a combo backing plate and eye to tie the tag end of the anchor rode to.

100_5101_zpscdfb22ed.jpg

100_5102_zpsa8aefe17.jpg

100_5103_zps858ba8f7.jpg

100_5105_zps8ded0946.jpg

Well, bought your lights. :mrgreen:

They are very bright, I like the way they seal against the gelcoat, better than the originals, and they ARE a direct replacement.

I bought the West Marine brand, they were cheaper and look exactly the same. No doubt made in the same factory.

Nice find Wart!.

Attachments

• IMG_2193.JPG
    IMG_2193.JPG
    307.5 KB · Views: 613
Brent":mpd3bdjd said:
How is the area around bow eye constructed? It is all fiberglass or some wood in the middle?

I thought it is all glass.

Very thick glass, but it still has wood in there about 1 1/2in thick.....Then more glass.

What windlass requires that tall of a base?

When I added my custom teak pulpit I made, my bow deck was already 3-1/2" thick. I had to buy special long bolts from a marine company on the West Coast, as I specifically wanted 316L stainless steel ones 8" long ... and not made of 304 or lesser grade series as is typical with 99% of the marine chandleries and/or hardware places.

DaleH":1x1de5st said:
What windlass requires that tall of a base?

Knowing Bobby, I'm betting that big block will be whittled into something much different before this project is completed. :)

Brent":2jaz67zx said:
How difficult is it to remove the transom and bow eyes for the average Joe like me. :mrgreen:
Did they pull out with some muscle or do you a need for gorilla or someone jacked up on 5 hour Energy? :wink:

It is attached on the inside by a pair of ss nuts that you can access from the chain locker hatch (after removing the rode).
Popping the bow eye out will depend on how the original was sealed and bedded. If LifeCaulk... pretty easy. If 5200... not as easy.
Run the nuts out to the end of the threads to protect them, and give the nut a whack with a hammer.

The base sits behind the stock Parker pulpit. A new hole will also go thru the deck where the Hase pipe is now....Slightly farther back. This will "center" it in the anchor locker.

The height is added so the chain does not drag on the pulpit. From roller on pulpit right to the gypsy in the windless.

You can see what I'm talking about from past builds. But this one was all alum.

100_4811_zps9e6cfc94.jpg

Back