Sea Swivel Trolling Motor Mount, Parker 1801 trolling motor mount

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Sea Swivel Trolling Motor Mount?

Yes, it is costly, but the angst and effort it saves could be worth it for my purposes.

Here's my plan...

I have a 2010 1801 with no handrail on the bow. It appears the only option for a standard mounting is to relocate the nav lights and make sure you don't block the anchor locker.

The Sea Swivel would allow me to mount the motor further back in the small pocket on the starboard side of the bow just before the gunwale narrows. It only requires 8" x 8" and the underside of the deck is easily accessible for the backing plate. The motor would deploy slightly from the side of the bow and when stowed I can swivel it to secure it atop the gunwale.

IMG_7992.JPGIMG_7993.JPGIMG_7995.JPG

I would install a motor plug in the vertical wall just off the mount and run wiring under the port gunwale back to the storage box in the port stern. I'm looking at a 24v 100amp lithium battery and charger.

IMG_7999.JPG IMG_7997.JPG IMG_7998.JPG

Sea Swivel info:

Pics attached for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_7996.JPG
    IMG_7996.JPG
    1.8 MB
For me, I had to have the trolling motor in my hands before I considered any mounting solutions. I have an 1800, so no bow locker, but having that TM on the boat gave me a good visual on how it would function once lagged down. The solution will become evident once you start laying out the pieces.

A 60” fits right across the front and works great that way without any mounting plate just a shim

Attachments

• IMG_5472.jpeg
    IMG_5472.jpeg
    1.3 MB
Back